Liberty Hospital is a comprehensive medical center with a full range of services, the latest technology and a compassionate staff focused on providing you with exceptional care.
Located just 20 minutes north of downtown Kansas City, Liberty Hospital serves Clay, Platte and Ray counties, as well as the northwest Missouri corridor.
Liberty Hospital is a public hospital created for the benefit of the community as a political subdivision district hospital under Chapter 206 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri. The hospital is governed by a six-member, publicly elected board of trustees who serve six-year terms.
Much like the area around it, Liberty Hospital has grown significantly since opening its doors in February 1974. What started as a 130-bed facility is now a state-of-the-art 250-bed hospital. More than 330 physicians cover all medical specialties.
The hospital provides a variety of services for all ages and stages of life.
Liberty Hospital history1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s
For more information about any of our outstanding services or Liberty Hospital, select one of our services, or call 816.781.7200.
We understand that being in the hospital is a major disruption in your life. That's why at Liberty Hospital we treat you and your family with respect and compassion. We will work with you to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Liberty Hospital prides itself as a provider of safe, high quality patient-centered care and a preferred destination of patients, providers and employees. Our friendly, courteous and professional staff is committed to providing outstanding care to every patient, every day. We are constantly reviewing our outcomes and learning from our patients experiences focused on performance improvement. This information supports the programs, equipment, and care process we use to provide exceptional care.
Once you leave our care we will continue to seek your feedback through the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey. The HCAHPS survey is a tool to measure and report patient satisfaction. It's made up of simple questions on key care topics such as:
- doctor and nurse communications
- medicine and discharge information
- pain management and staff responsiveness
- overall quality of the hospital environment.
To ensure the random selection of candidates for this survey and to maintain your anonymity, the hospital has contracted with HealthStreams to complete this telephone survey process. If you are selected to receive this survey, please take the time to complete it. The results will help us know what we're doing right and where we can improve.
If you want to know how we score, you can review and compare the quality care and safety ratings for different hospitals at:
- Medicare Hospital Compare www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare
- The Joint Commission www.qualitycheck.org
Liberty Hospital has received quality and safety awards and recognition on local, regional, and national levels.
4401 Wornall Rd, Kansas City, MO 64111 Phone: (816) 932-2000
Saint Luke's Hospital is a not-for-profit tertiary referral center committed to the highest levels of excellence in providing health services to all patients in a caring environment. We are dedicated to medical research and education. As a member of Saint Luke's Health System, we are committed to enhancing the physical, mental and spiritual health of the diverse communities we serve.
The best place to get care. The best place to give care.
- Chief Executive Officer–Jani Johnson, R.N., M.S.N.
- Chief Operating Officer–Brad Simmons
- Chief Financial Officer–Amy Nachtigal
- Chief Nursing Officer–Debbie Wilson, R.N.
Patient's and Visitor's
Thank you for choosing Saint Luke's Hospital for your health care needs. For more than 125 years, Saint Luke's has been dedicated to serving the health care needs of the Kansas City and surrounding communities. It is our goal to provide you the highest quality health care in a caring, convenient, and safe environment.
We understand a hospital stay can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. We offer a wide range of services and amenities to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The information provided here will help you get acquainted with the services available to patients and visitors at our hospitals. You will also find answers to many of the questions you may have before and during your upcoming hospital stay.
Important phone numbers
- General information: 816-932-2000
- Patient information: 816-932-2000
- Patient Advocate: 816-932-2328
- Billing: 816-932-5678
- Chaplain: 816-932-2180
- Gift shop: 816-932-2050
- Foundation: 816-932-2252
- Volunteers: 816-932-2183
Parking and Maps
Saint Luke's Hospital (Entrances 1, 2, and 4) provides free parking for hospital patients and visitors. Complimentary valet parking is also available at Entrance 4 (See Campus Map: P-1, P-2, P-4).
Medical Plaza offices (Entrance 3) have a separate parking garage that issues a parking ticket. This ticket must be validated at point of service (participating medical suites/offices) or an hourly fee is charged (See campus map: P-3)
Hospital parking: (free)
- Entrance 1 (P-1): Saint Luke's Hospital - Wornall Road – multilevel visitor's parking garage attached to the south end of the hospital
- Entrance 2 (P-2): Heart Institute – Broadway (underground parking garage)
- Entrance 4 (P-4): Women's Center/Peet Center - 43rd Street (complimentary valet parking also available at this location)
- Access to the hospital from P-1 and P-2 is on Level 1
- Access to the hospital from P-4 is on Level 1 and Level A
For further information regarding parking at Saint Luke's Hospital, call Security at 816-932-2911.
Medical Plaza (MP) parking
- MP Buildings 1, 2, and 3: Validated ticket Entrance 3 (P-3).
- MP-1: 4320 Wornall
- MP-2: 4330 Wornall
- MP-3: 4321 Washington
Please remember to have your parking ticket validated at your appointment (participating medical suites/offices), or an hourly fee is charged.
Complimentary valet parking available.
Community transportation services:
- Citywide Transportation: 816-241-8822
- Metro KCATA (Bus): 816-221-0660
- Yellow (Cab): 816-471-5000
- MTSI (Special Services): 816-471-4453
- Metro Share Fare: 816-842-9070
- Bariatric & Weight-loss Surgery
- Brain & Spine
- Breast Care Services
- Cancer Care
- Children's SPOT
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Emergency Department
- Heart & Vascular
- Imaging (Radiology)
- Intensive Care (ICU)
- Lab - Outpatient
- Liver Disease Management Services
- Maternity & NICU
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Pharmacy - Outpatient
- Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Sinus Center
- Sleep Disorders
- Surgical Services
- Thoracic Center
- Transplant Services
- Trauma Center
- Valve Center
- Women's Center
- Wound Care
- Dining Options
- General Information
- Insurance Accepted
- Patient Advisory Council
- Patient Price Transparency
- Spiritual Wellness
- Visitor Information
- Advance Directives
- Cafeteria Menu
- Compliance & Privacy
- Financial Assistance
- Medical Records
- Meet Your Providers
- Nominate a Nurse
- Online Pre-registration
- Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- Preparing for Your Hospital Visit
- Send an eCard
2401 Gillham Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108 Phone: (816) 234-3000
Children's Mercy continues transforming children's lives and redefining pediatric medicine. We are the only free-standing children's hospital between St. Louis and Denver and provide comprehensive care for patients from birth to 21. Children's Mercy consistently is ranked among the leading children's hospitals in the nation. We were the first hospital in Missouri or Kansas to earn the prestigious Magnet designation for excellence in patient care from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Medical staff of more than 700 pediatric specialists
- More than 40 pediatric specialties
- First hospital in Missouri or Kansas to receive Magnet designation in 2003 from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for superior nursing quality
- First hospital in the region to receive redesignation in 2007 and again in 2012
- Affiliation with University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
- Principal teaching hospital for The University of Kansas Medical Center
- More than 400 medical students each year.
- 60 doctors take part yearly in our fellowship programs
- Home of the nation's first Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Nursing students from dozens of schools in the Kansas City area receive training at Children's Mercy
- More than 100 physician scientists, basic scientists, nurses, fellows and residents involved in research projects, representing millions of dollars in multi-year awards
- Co-leading the largest nephrology research project in North America
- More than 140 clinical trials on-going at any one time
- The largest Clinical Pharmacology program in North American and one of 13 designated Pediatric Pharmacology Research Units studying the safety of new medications for use by children
- The Center for Pediatric Genomic Medicine, established in 2011 as the first genome center in the world entirely inside a children's hospital with a focus on the diagnosis of inherited pediatric diseases. One of the 10 leading institutions in the Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute, which also includes the University of Kansas, Midwest Research Institute, University of Missouri-Kansas City and the Stowers Institute.
Support and Services
Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics is committed to providing comprehensive support to help your child and family cope with life's challenges. Whether you are looking for spiritual guidance, a shoulder to lean on, or need an interpreter to help you communicate with hospital staff, we're ready to help.
Send a Card
Create and send personalized cards for hospitalized patients.
Connect with our social work team for crisis support, community referrals and more.
Find a liaison to help you communicate with hospital staff.
Contact our chaplains 24/7 for spiritual and religious support.
Access patient and family support services, child-friendly explanations of procedures, and playgroups to make the hospital experience as comfortable as possible.
Learn how music therapy can support your child's healing and development while in the hospital.
Learn more about our family-centered, collaborative approach to care giving.
Transition to Adulthood
Find resources to help children transition to managing their own health as adults.
Tips for Families
View tips to help your family through every step of the health care experience.
For Teens Only
Learn about our Teen Scene, Teen Advisory Board and more.
Make sure the environment of your home, school, or business is promoting good health.